Journal for Regional Asian Studies
Journal Asian Issues accepts manuscripts prepared in the following manner:
The papers are published in English.
Manuscripts in Microsoft Word Format (.doc, .docx) should be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Along with the manuscript, the authors are obliged to submit a signed Statement of Authorship in pdf format.
1. Text formatting:
- Font Times New Roman, basic text font size 12; subtitles are bold, the second level subtitle are in italics
- Cover page that includes title, authors, their affiliations, their contact information
- On the first page of the text:
* author's name, author's title (in footnote)
* title of the paper (font size 14)
* abstract and keywords
- Single-spacing throughout the document
- Double space (instead of indent) to designate a new paragraph or section
- Page numbers at the bottom centre of each page
- Top, bottom, and side margins no less than 2.2 cm
- Manuscript not to exceed 6000 words (excluding tables, figures and references)
- References should be listed after the text of the paper in the following manner:
* The references should be listed in alphabetical order sorted by authors surnames
* The references should not be numbered
* List only the references used in the text
- After the reference list, write the name and surname of the author, the tile of the paper, abstract and keywords in Serbian
2. Citing and referencing
The Journal uses the Oxford citing and referencing style - citing sources using footnotes.
* To cite the source in the text (in the footnote) use the following general rules:
To cite monographs:
D. Mitrovic, From Socialist Modernization to Chinese Dream, Institute for Asian Studies, Belgrade, 2019, p. 171.
To cite journal article:
D. Mitrovic , “USA President Trump`s First Asian Tour – From 'America First' to Indo Pacific”, Asian Issues, Vol. 3, No. 1, 2017, p. 15.
To cite book chapters /collection of papers:
D. Mitrovic, “China`s Belt and Road Initiative: Connecting and Transforming Initiative”, in Yu Cheng et al. (eds.), The Belt and Road Initiative in the Global Arena: Chinese and European Perspectives, Palgrave MacMillan, Singapore, 2018.
To cite an article / source from the Internet:
S. Strangio, "Southeast Asian Leaders Air Fears Over US-China Rivalry", The Diplomat, September 24, 2020, Available at: https://thediplomat.com/2020/09/southeast-asian-leaders-air-fears-over-us-china-rivalry/
“Full text of Chinese President Xi Jinping`s Speech at the 18th SCO Qingdao Summit”, Xinhua, Available at: http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-06/10/c_137244587.htm
* List of references
References should be listed after the text of the paper in the following manner (surname first):
Mitrovic D., From Socialist Modernization to Chinese Dream, Institute for Asian Studies, Belgrade, 2019.